Sunday, October 23, 2005

Train of His Robe...Hem of His Garment

One morning at church during worship, we were singing “Open the Eyes of My Heart” by Paul Baloche.

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You, I want to see You
See you high and lifted up
Shining in the light of Your glory
Pour out Your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy… Holy, holy, holy… Holy, holy, holy…
I want to see You

During this song, in my heart's eye, I saw the most amazing robe. It was made of gold and it had red and blue jewels embedded in gold on it. It was sparkling. I saw the movement of the robe, as if the Lord was turning to walk away. Then I saw the same movement of His robe, but this time it was the tunic he wore as a man on earth. This tunic looked like well-worn linen, no adornment, just cloth. I heard, “The train of His robe, the hem of His garment.”

I pictured the women who had been bleeding for so many years coming up from behind and seeing the movement of the hem of his garment. She knew that if she touched it she would get well. It was as though she could see with her eyes of faith the royal robe in all it’s splendor and knew that that power was attainable to her…however, in her human state, the hem of his garment was all she could see. That was good enough for her. She reached out in faith.

By faith, the train of His robe and the hem of His garment are the same. Jesus, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords has come to us fully human and approachable. And I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment