Thursday, October 27, 2005

Losing Sight of the Shore


From a quiet time at the beach...
-------------------
I found this quote recently by Andre Gide, “People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

Father, as I sit here watching those of us on the shore and in the surf...I think that we are not as brave as those who go out into deeper water. I hear You calling me out to the deep waters – to the horizon. Places where I don’t know what’s under me or beyond me. The place of new discoveries, new territory.

Explorers and pioneers are those that leave the safety of home to press out into what is beyond what they know. That is what I want to do spiritually. I do not want a "safe" relationship with God. Well, actually, part of me does. But my true heart does not want that. What I want to do is to swim in the ocean of His love, experiencing all that He has for me, without reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment