Wednesday, January 04, 2006

O Love That Will Not Let Me Go


"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation." (Psalm 13:5)

Let's start the New Year off with a bang. I am going to share with you a very personal image that God gave me today. As I have shared before, I have been seeking to meet with Jesus in silence each day, with no agenda. Today, during a prayer time with my husband, Jesus graced me with an image that led me directly into His presence and I was able to leave all my cares behind and just be with Him.

I share this with you, hoping you will also be inspired to be with the One who loves tenderly and unconditionally.

I was on the shore of the ocean. As I looked out to the horizon there was a golden glow on the water where the sky met the ocean. I lingered on the shore as I gazed at the bright sight in the distance.

Then I began to "fly" swiftly out and over the ocean. As I grew further away from the shore, I literally felt the cares of my day-to-day existence leave me. They were far behind and I could not access them. I soared until I was enveloped by the golden light. I came to a stop and remained in the golden light for a while.


The golden light melted away and I found myself in an unearthly wood. The ground was uneven with little moss covered mounds, rocks, tree roots, tiny ponds of clear water…yet it was easy to walk on. There were tall, beautiful trees, just enough to make me feel enclosed, but few enough to let the light in. Leaves and flower petals fell from above. My daily cares were gone.


I was wearing a long, off-white, Shakespearean festival type dress. I had a wreath of flowers in my hair. Jesus was there. He took my hand and had me sit next to a tree with dark brown bark. I leaned my head back and took deep, cleansing breaths.


Jesus stayed near, just walking slowly. As I looked again, I noticed a blank journal in my lap. At first I thought, "Cool! Now I can write down everything He says." Then it quickly began to feel like a burden (I was pulled momentarily back to my room - I'd have to get the computer to be sure it was saved for posterity and I can type much faster than write, etc.)


Jesus gently chuckled. He took the empty journal from my lap. Without words, He let me know that he would write in it Himself. I saw the image of a little red heart, like a valentine. He would write on my heart.
He continued to walk slowly near where I was resting up against the tree. I could hear no sounds, yet we were communicating. Every once in a while I would giggle. It was a very warm and relaxing time.

O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
(George Matheson, 1882)

O Love that will not let me go

I rest my weary soul in Thee

I give Thee back the life I owe

That in Thine ocean depths its flow

May richer, fuller be

2 comments:

  1. Sweet one! I love how you are willing and able to express yourself so well. I can relate to your sensation of wanting to document! How lovely to know God is actually allowing the exchanges to change our hearts - we become the picture that speaks a thousand words! sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you are such an encouragement to us all. A calming force before I set off for my day ...thank you for sharing your wonderful experience and the possibilities with spending time with our dear Lord.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete