Monday, January 30, 2006

Harnessing Power or Submitting to It?

"Too often our agenda is to fix the world until it can properly take care of us. God's agenda is to bring all things together in Christ until every knee bows before Him…Notice the purpose driving my search for God: finding Him had more to do with using Him to get what I valued than enjoying Him for who He is. I wanted to harness His power rather than submit to it." (Larry Crabb, Finding God, pp. 35, 70)

Ouch! I am guilty of this at times! There have been times that I just wanted Him to do what I wanted Him to do...and not just love Him for who He is. My spirit does want to submit to His power, knowing that it would be His fruit that would emerge. My flesh wants to harness His power and wield it like some flashy sword.

Forgive my self-centeredness, Father. In my weakness, you are strong. Teach me to hear You and submit. I know You are doing that already and I am grateful. I am sorry that I sometimes complain during the process. Thank you for being slow to anger and abounding in love and faithfulness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment