Friday, December 02, 2005

In a Hurry? (Part 3)

To wrap these "hurry" thoughts up for now, I think the best thing to do is to look at the life of Jesus Himself.

No one will argue that Jesus had an easy, carefree life. He made the ultimate sacrifice of His own life for us all.

However, as I read the gospels I don't really see Jesus as being stressed out or in a hurry. He knew who He was and He knew why He came here. He was in constant contact with His Father and He spoke and did only His will.

Sometimes I think I am wrapped up too much in things that don't matter. I've allowed the culture to dictate what should and should not happen in my day to day life (marriage, parenting, social habits, roles).

As I am typing this I realize that I don't have this fully baked. I am giving you my musings raw. I wish I could say I have this figured out. Some of it may be the season of life in which I find myself (mid-life).

There is a definite transition in this 40ish stage of life where the things that used to work or make sense don't so much anymore. I can see that my talk about hurry has digressed into how life is changing for me on the inside. Well, such is the stuff of blogs.

I know this much - I cannot look to my culture to help me in my quest for living a fruitful, abundant life. Only in Jesus will I find the ultimate fulfillment and wisdom needed to traverse this journey of life.

I said in the last entry that we have a God who is greater than anything in this world. It is true - see in 1 John 4:4b…

"…the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."

May our God and Father and our Lord Jesus Christ grant you and I the ability to take life at that pace that He desires. May you be unhurried in your inner and outer journey so that you will not miss what He has for you in each and every day. May this be so!

No comments:

Post a Comment