Monday, December 05, 2005

Advent - The Coming of the Savior


"Therefore the Lord himself will give yo ua sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel [God with us]. (Isaiah 7:14)

Advent. I've known the word. I've also know that it means the four weeks before Christmas. However, it's so much more meaningful than that. It literally means, "The coming of the savior." I found another definition that gives it even more meaning - "a season to prepare for Christmas when Christ's first coming to us is remembered; a season when that remembrance directs the mind and heart to await Christ's Second Coming at the end of time."

I pause and take a deep breath over those words..."the coming of the savior." What does it mean to me that someone came to save me? To save us? This is a love beyond description.

Today may you and I be overwhelmed with the love that is shown us in this season. God with us. A savior to save us. Love has come to earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment