Friday, November 04, 2005

Bark Chips, Part 2

I had a personal prayer retreat day this week. Here are some thoughts from that time...
========================

Bark chips. Thousands of them. Just outside the back door of my room at the retreat center

Bark chips. Not exactly what I was expecting. I was picturing something more like grass. Something soothing and beautiful. Instead I was greeted by a large, dry spread of little pieces of wood.

The first thing that popped into my head was, "This is an image of the multitude of bits and pieces of thoughts and junk in my head." It was an accurate picture of my inner swirl.

I sat in the chair on my little porch and told God that I was looking forward to what He would be doing in me in the next 24 hours.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment