Monday, April 17, 2006

Remember...

I know that Easter is over, but I don't really want to move on quite yet. I watched the movie The Passion of the Christ the night before Easter. I watched it with my husband, my sister-in-law and my 13-year-old son. It is a difficult movie to watch, however, my sister-in-law and I agreed that we had never been more ready for Resurrection Sunday.

The chosen sacrifice and utter willingness for Jesus to lay down His life for me is something from which I never want to move on. There is an image in the film of Jesus literally crawling to get onto the cross so they can nail Him on. He was being consistently mocked, "If you are the Christ, come down and save Yourself!" Yet He stayed and completed His task of ensuring my entrance into Heaven.

I encourage you to linger with Easter a little while longer...say...a lifetime. Remember what He did and live your life out of that place of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment